Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Prentice Cooper Take 2-wheel drive

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeeagle 
#1 ·
Went up again. Needless to say once again the jeep exceed expectations. I wish the photos would convey what the jeep actually managed to get through.

However, the day was not without damage. After riding for about mile and a half discovered my passenger side caliper was sticking badly. After finding the rock outcrop where I knew be sturdy enough to do the repairs. Ended up taking a hour to get off trail, find my nearest AZ and purchase a new reman.

Got it fixed and continued commanding my way through some nasty stuff until we reached the point where 4x4 is a requirement. (signs will say 4x4 only $250 fine for violators.) I made the choice to turn around to avoid any issues with getting out.

Point of turning around...

Found this road which is mainly rock with a nice steepness to it. I was dared to try it believing the Jeep would not make it. I made my friends record for future Sh*ttalking. I wish the video would convey the angles but the Jeep made it up with a good deal of wheel spin (open Diff) but made it to the top Like a 2wd Boss
http://youtu.be/zHm3Sz02Bto

Coming down was just as fun. Watch for some wheel tuck and the front tire standing still. Abs was having fun.
http://youtu.be/ZAP1xLYwgUc

Leaving the area and heading up the side of the mountain heading home I discovered my Driver side caliper decided to go ahead and lock up as well. So ended up on the side of the road and changing it as well. Left Home 10 this morning, arrived around 6. Not a Bay day. Not a Bad Day for my 2wd Jeep.

Current score Trips/getting stuck. 2-0. Those front recovery hooks still being unused!

See less See more
#2 ·
I love your enthusiasm, but there is a forest road out here in worse condition that I have seen some crazy folks drive up in a Civic and a Malibu. When my first Jeep was stock back in 1999 I would scrape the skid plates and differentials while driving over stuff in 2wd, fun stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.