Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Grand Slam Michigan

51K views 373 replies 16 participants last post by  wildspear 
#1 · (Edited)
Any Grand Slam for Michigan? Grand slam north? I would be willing to take on Grand Slam North if it has Michigan in it. The thread has been dead for years. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#346 ·
Now maybe some 10" wheel spacers and some beedlocks on steroids to drive the track. But then you'd need to cut out the doors and maybe add tube doors.

#347 ·
there's abuild on here where the guy used snowmobile tracks and steel wheels. Turned out great, was running out west in the mountains.

#351 ·
Probably need a good stoker engine to keep the rpms up to run them...; )

#352 ·
One project at a time! first the motor then the tracks. If all that works I start adding gun turrets and armor plate

#353 ·
I could probably help with that too, heck I WAS in the 1st Armored Division and 11th Armored Cavalry both, afterall. Picture it now, Find a big industrial ring gear and a starter off of something for a slew motor on the turret.... a matched pair of water cooled .223's like they did on sons of guns...

#354 ·
No, quad .50 cals with armor piercing rounds. My road rage can finally come to life! Goin down to Lapeer this week to pick up a 94 V8 ZJ I bought. Gonna do like ya said Don on mounting the plow with bracing up by the c-member.

#357 · (Edited)
Let me know if you need a hand. I think you'd have to build up a crossmember like mine. And with quad 50's you'll risk flipping it over and full of kids.... no room for the ammo needed.

#356 ·
almost. I want the half-track style so it can still go offroad on the weekends!

#359 ·
Yeah, I'd call ya wierd...

#361 ·
Hey, I'm probably heading north again thursday night. When I'm up there, I'm sure I got some 2x4 tube for a crossmember. The outside will be pretty grubby, but very solid. Cutting and welding would clean up most of it anyway. I stopped by Alro Steele in Lansing and they don't allow picking like Cadillac does. They claim to be opening an outlet though, but they'll probably charge retail rate for their drops at something like that. Probably check Cadillac Friday.

#362 ·
hey guys didnt wanna read through the whole thread.. not sure if yous did a run or still plan on it.. im front windsor ontario, right across the detroit bridge, ive only been wheelin in the states once so far, atthe mounds and it was great.. i will be goin to the mound next may 24 weekend.. not sure if yous wanna try and set something up

#364 ·
perfect i wheel atlkeast once a month, but goin campin just down the rd from the mounds may long weekend so would liek to meet up with some others.. right now ive got a 95 5.2 grand on a d30 and8.8 6" lift and 35x15.5 sx's... itll be the same or on 38s come may..

#365 ·
As far as Grand Slams go I would like to keep ours around the august time frame. And I'm thinking "Bad Lands" might be a good one to try out. As far as May is concerned, I know "Cadilac Jeepers" hold a Jeep Blessing in May. The next one is May 5th, in Mesic, MI. I'll be attending that one and I will be camping at the "Twisted Trails" camp site. Is the may 24th date locked in for you? Be great to have you at the blessing or maybe at our regular get together?

#367 ·
R&V was awesome, but my ride's not quite ready yet and then deer season will be here soon anyway. If Jeep Blessing falls on my weekend, I'll be there. I'm not sure what permit or agreement they have for the winter run, but I always thought the seasonal roads were closed to wheeled vehicles in the winter when they became designated snowmobile trails. So without a solid answer, it would be tough to schedule a safe winter event, at least on the west side where the snowmobile traffic is a lot heavier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.