Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Tinted Tail Lights

8K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  KansasZj09 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am a noob here, and I really want to tint my tail lights bc I am plati-dipping the plastic on the bottom of my wj laredo and I think it would look REALLY good together. I am looking for tail lights like the ones below, but I can't find them anywhere. I don't know that I want to do Nite Shade so does anyone know anyone who sells these or would do this for me?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea I tried looking there and they had a bunch of completely smoked ones and a bunch for the WK that just had the clear reverse light and everything else smoked but the only ones I found was a pair from overseas and the guy said they dont ship to the U.S. :(

#7 ·
ive always wondered but never looked into it....is there a kind of....spray on tint...that you can use for taillights??? Back in the day when i had my lifted s10 i got new taillights so i actually tried tinting the old ones with film...lol...i didnt have much luck....

#8 ·
Nite Shade spray on tint. But it's kinda thin and runny and you need to wait until each coat is totally dry before adding another. I know several people who ended up with tails tinted too much because the stuff darkens as it dries. I've never used it myself though.

#14 ·
I did my own tint also. I just bought some tint spray from Autozone, and gave them about 2 coats, and you HAVE to make sure you dont spray too close otherwise it will get runny, and make sure you dont hit the same spot more than once because if that gets too dark, then it will stand out when the tinting is down, I would not recommend doing more that 2 or 3 coats, otherwise they will be too dark that you wont see the lights. I have am not good at painting or spraying paint, but it just takes some patience, I have a white ZJ and it turned out SEXY.

#21 ·
Thanks, I mean the pictures dont really do any justice. I Ill take some close ups tomorrow If I remember, and ill also find the name of the stuff i used, its really easy, and cost like $14 bucks for a can, not too bad at all. I wouldnt buy the smoked covers, i had some and i didnt even get them on, the install was a pain in the butt and i cracked a cover trying to put it on, this is easier imo, unless you are wanting to buy the lights pre painted or an aftermarket setup, I just was cheap and didnt buy the actual pre made lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.